Avocat au barreau de Paris
Assisting a British citizen who sustained injuries in a road traffic accident in France and who was sued before the French court by the liable party’s insurer.
The Cour de Cassation confirmed the lower courts decisions holding the lack of jurisdiction of the French courts in this case pursuant to Regulation EC No44/2001 (Civ. 1. 27 Feb. 2013).
Prior to specialising in travel law, Valérie Augros worked 10 years in business law for firms of English origin. She commenced working with the French branch of Penningtons Solicitors (2004-2005). Then she followed one of the English partners who set-up Penlaw (2005-2014). There, she mainly dealt with commercial disputes for foreign clients of the firm. She also dealt with legal issues relating to their setting-up and development in France (advising subsidiaries and branches, drafting agreements, etc.). Through her extensive experience, she has then been able to develop a travel sector specific legal knowledge, advising for instance foreign air carriers or travel agents. She also dealt with holiday accidents claims. She thus acquired a specific knowledge of this sector.
Working with English firms in an international context as Valerie Augros did developed further skills such as working in an Anglo-Saxon context but also with Common law countries.
- CAPA – EFB (Paris)
- LLM in European and International Trade Law – University of Leicester (UK)
- Maîtrise de Droit des Affaires – Université Jean Moulin (Lyon III)
- DU de Droit comparé, option droit anglais – Université Jean Moulin (Lyon III)
- AJFB / FBLS – Franco-British Lawyers Society
- PEOPIL – Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers
- EALA – European Air Law Association